SAM Consulting Services (dba SAM Career Center) was founded in New York City in 1993 year by a team of experienced Information Technology and Human Resources professionals to provide high-quality training. Over this period of time our firm has grown into one of the Tri-State area's most respected job skills training and job readiness training organizations.
In 1999 SAM Consulting Services, Inc. was merged with PowerSelf Corp, a placement and consulting services company.
Our training facilities are located in Brooklyn, New York.
We are dedicated to helping professionals advance their careers by providing comprehensive instruction in a variety of technical and business subjects. Our programs are designed to fully immerse students in real-world scenarios, delivering the advantages of on-the-job experience, complete with realistic hands-on projects, pressures and deadlines.
Our faculty is selected based on academic credentials as well as professional experience and is committed to the development of the student's creative and analytical skills in a practical work environment.
With vigorous and intensive training from both a conceptual and practical perspective, we prepare our students for a successful career as professionals in today's marketplace. First of all we offer unique expertise in Classroom and Remote Training in areas selected on the basis of industry trends and ongoing market demands:
- Software Quality Assurance Manual Testing
- Software Quality Assurance Automation with Java and Selenium
- Data Analysis with Python
- Machine Learning with Python
- Data Visualization and Analytics with Tableau
- Reporting and Analytics with Power BI
- Business Intelligence with SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Advanced Excel for Data Analysts
- SQL Server Development and Administration
- Oracle Development and Administration
- SAS Programming
- Python Programming
- Java Programming
- C# / VB.NET / C++ Programming
- UNIX Fundamentals and SHELL Programming
Business and Management
- Business Analysis / Product Owner
- Technical Business Analysis
- Project Management with PMP Certification Preparation
- Licensed as a NY State Private Career School specializing in Computer and Business training
- Approved as a Workforce Training Provider by State of New York and New Jersey
- Approved as a Training Institution of NY State Division of Veterans Affairs
- Approved as ACCES-VR (Vocational Rehabilitation) program Training Provider
- Approved for participation in NY State & CSEA Partnership of Education and Training
Matthew Kirshenbaum, Co-founder & President
As Co-founder and President of SAM Consulting Services, Inc. Matthew Kirshenbaum oversees all business operations and is responsible for developing and implementing corporate strategy and practices. Mr. Kirshenbaum has twenty-five years of experience in defining IT standards and implementing systems across a variety of industries. Some of his clients include Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Merrill Lynch, Nomura Securities International, Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Chase Manhattan Bank, MetLife, and AIG. His knowledge and expertise has provided for the company's computer training curriculum and its ongoing development. Mr. Kirshenbaum advises IT professionals with job placement and career advancement. Mr. Kirshenbaum has a Master's degree in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Stan Shkodnik, Co-founder & Vice President
As Co-founder and Vice President of SAM Consulting Services, Inc., Stan Shkodnik oversees all business operations and is responsible for developing and implementing the company's IT strategy. Mr. Shkodnik's entrepreneurial experience and his vast, in-depth knowledge of information technology have enabled him to successfully develop a computer training curriculum that empowers IT professionals to advance their careers. With over twenty-five years of experience as one of the leading IT consultants in the Tri-State area, Mr. Shkodnik has led the design, development and deployment of a multitude of projects for companies such as Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Salomon Brothers, Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co., and Zyware Systems. Mr. Shkodnik has a Master's degree in Computer Science.