SAM Consulting Services (dba SAM Career Center) was founded in 1993 year by a team of experienced Information Technology and Human Resources professionals. Over this period of time our firm has grown into one of the Tri-State area's most respected job skills training and job readiness training organizations.
Among our most significant achievements are:
- Licensed as a NY State Private Career School specializing in Computer and Business training
- Approved as a Workforce Training Provider by State of New York and New Jersey
- Approved as a Training Institution of NY State Division of Veterans Affairs
- Approved as a Vocational Type of Institution (Visa M-1) for International Students
- Approved by NY State Department of State as Real Estate Training Provider
- Approved as ACCES-VR (Vocational Rehabilitation) program Training Provider
- Approved for participation in NY State & CSEA Partnership of Education and Training
In 1999 SAM Consulting Services, Inc. was merged with PowerSelf Corp, a placement and consulting services company.
With vigorous and intensive training from both a conceptual and practical perspective, we prepare our students for a successful career as professionals in today's marketplace. First of all we offer unique expertise in Classroom and Remote Training in areas selected on the basis of industry trends and ongoing market demands:
- Quality Assurance Comprehensive Course
- Quality Assurance Automation (Manual Testing, Java, Selenium)
- Quality Assurance CTFL (ISTQB) Certification Preparation
- Selenium QA Automation with Python
- Data Analysis Comprehensive Course (SQL, Excel, Python, Tableau, Power BI)
- Data Analysis with Business Intelligence (SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power BI)
- Data Analysis (Excel, SQL, Tableau)
- SQL Server Development and Administration
- Business Intelligence with SQL Server
- Oracle Development and Administration
- SAS Programming
- Python Programming
- Java Programming
- C# / VB.NET / C++ Programming
- UNIX Fundamentals and SHELL Programming
- Introduction to Programming
- Computer Support Specialists
Business and Management
- Business Analysis / Product Owner Course
- Technical Business Analysis / Product Owner Comprehensive Course
- Project Management with PMP Certification Preparation
- JIRA Essentials
- Information Systems Analysis and Auditing
- Financial Analysis
- QuickBooks Fundamentals
- Computerized Bookkeeping with QuickBooks, Sage and Excel
- Comprehensive Income Tax Preparation Course- Medical Billing and Coding
- Electronic Health Records (Online Course)
- Administrative Assistant and Legal Administrative Assistant
- Microsoft Office
- Computer Aided Design System (AutoCAD)
- General Construction Cost Estimator
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Six Sigma Fundamentals
We are dedicated to helping professionals advance their careers by providing comprehensive instruction in a variety of technical and business subjects. Our programs are designed to fully immerse students in real-world scenarios, delivering the advantages of on-the-job experience, complete with realistic hands-on projects, pressures and deadlines.
Our faculty is selected based on academic credentials as well as professional experience and is committed to the development of the student's creative and analytical skills in a practical work environment.
Our state-of-the-art training facilities are located in Brooklyn, New York. Please contact us for additional information or to request an upcoming course schedule.
Matthew Kirshenbaum, Cofounder & President
As Cofounder and President of SAM Consulting Services, Inc. Matthew Kirshenbaum oversees all business operations and is responsible fordeveloping and implementing corporate strategy and practices. Mr. Kirshenbaum has twenty-five years of experience in defining IT standards and implementing systems across a variety of industries. Some of his clients include Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Merrill Lynch, Nomura Securities International, Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., Chase Manhattan Bank, MetLife, and AIG. His knowledge and expertise has provided for the company's computer training curriculum and its ongoing development. Mr. Kirshenbaum advises IT professionals with job placement and career advancement.
Mr. Kirshenbaum has a Master's degree in Mathematics and Computer Science.
Stan Shkodnik, Cofounder & Vice President
As Cofounder and Vice President of SAM Consulting Services, Inc., Stan Shkodnik oversees all business operations and is responsible for developing and implementing the company's IT strategy. Mr. Shkodnik's entrepreneurial experience and his vast, in-depth knowledge of information technology have enabled him to successfully develop a computer training curriculum that empowers IT professionals to advance their careers. With over fifteen years of experience as one of the leading IT consultants in the Tri-State area, Mr. Shkodnik has led the design, development and deployment of a multitude of projects for companies such as Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers, Goldman, Sachs & Co., Salomon Brothers, Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co., and Zyware Systems.
Mr. Shkodnik has a Master's degree in Computer Science.