Quality Assurance Comprehensive Course
Software Testing / Quality Control*
What you have to know about our training before proceeding further with SAM Career Center:
* For more than 25 years we successfully trained thousands of people;
* We are located in the most vibrant and advanced business area of the World - New York City;
* All our instructors are active working professionals in the areas of their expertise;
* Due to the current situation, all our Classroom training is conducting in a Virtual mode (Remotely);
* Free professional counseling will be provided before any formal enrollment;
* Our only goal is for our Hands-On training program to have you ready to work right after the training;
* You can retake any program you just learned for free, which is one of our unique policies;
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This unique program is a result of our twenty years experience in the world of professional training of various categories of students. It expresses of our understanding the most efficient and complete way of preparation for real work as Quality Assurance Specialist. This program is not designed as “crush” or online imitation of learning, but instead focuses on providing all our trainees with an opportunity to learn skills required on the modern QA market in classical pace and classroom environment. The courses are lead by a group of instructors who are working professionals in their field. Only this Hands-on, Instructor-lead and carefully developed Comprehensive Classroom Training can prepare students to obtain and maintain successful employment in Quality Assurance. This will work even for people without extensive background in information technology field. This training is available in-class and remotely (online).
This program introduces student to All the subjects needed to find and maintain employment in modern Software Quality Assurance environment. Students will receive hands-on training in the following sections:
1. Foundations of Software Quality Assurance (Manual Testing) - This module provides full comprehensive training of Quality Assurance process, and prepares students to enter, or to advance a career in Software Testing. Students will learn Software Development Life Cycle, testing concepts, test documentation, tester’s role in the project, test management process, test tools, test types and methods, test techniques and definitions according to the industry standards. The module includes Functional Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, GUI Testing, Black Box, White Box, Usability, Regression. Test types and techniques will be discussed for all Test levels, Unit, Integration, System, User Acceptance. Students will get practical Quality Assurance training, including how to create a Test Plan, Test scenarios, Test cases, Test Data, Defects, and full Defect life cycle. Information on the latest interview trends and effective interview strategies are also included.
2. Java Programming Fundamentals – in this module students will learn elements of Java programming language for QA Automation with Selenium. The module includes: data types, string class, variables, constants, operators, logic and binary systems, logic operators NOT AND OR, conditional statements if-then-else, arrays, loop, continue and break statements, control statements, class declaration, fields and methods, passing arguments to methods, instance and static members, objects, constructors, the keyword THIS, collections, exception handling. This module is adjusted for people with little or no experience in programming; the basics or Algorithms will prepare such students for the following concepts of programming: problem-solving approach, algorithms, phases of algorithmic problem solving, sequence, selection, repetition, conditional looping. After completing this module students will be able to read, write and modify scripts for Selenium using Java programming.
4. Mobile Testing Fundamentals - this module provides training in Mobile Testing - one of the hottest and fast changing QA areas. Students will learn mobile specific techniques as well as use of core foundation techniques in mobile testing. This module will teach necessary skills and equipment requirements, test planning and design stages, and practices functional and non-functional testing using real devices along with testing tools. The module includes the following: Equipment Requirements, Lifecycle Models, Test Planning and Design (Functions, Attributes, Assess Risks, Test Conditions and Set Scope, Regression Testing), Functional Testing (Functional Testing, Security, Testing Peripherals, Device Differences, Core and Mobile Specific Techniques), Non-Functional Testing (Performance Testing, Usability Testing, Reliability Testing, Portability Testing), Software Tools for Mobile Testing.
5. Agile Methodology and Scrum - The agile methodology of software development marks a considerable departure from traditional sequential development (“waterfall”). In fact, many aspects of agile are so drastically different from waterfall that it is often helpful for individuals who are new to agile to take a course to better understand its principles and practices. This module includes preparation for Scrum certification exams.
6. Understanding Relational Databases and SQL - Provides students with the understanding of database concepts and the essentials of the SQL language. Through a series of hands-on activities students will learn data selection and manipulation using multi-vendor compliant SQL syntax. This module includes the following topics: relational database management system (RDBMS and DBMS), relational schema, Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server Data Types, essential commands, SQL Select Statement, SQL Operators and Syntax, SQL Join Types, SQL UNION Operator, SQL PRIMARY/FOREIGN KEY.
7. Introductory UNIX - Familiarizes students with UNIX environment and provide them with hands on experience using very powerful and popular in corporate world Operating System (OS). The instructions include customizing user's environment, file manipulation commands and file permissions, introduction to vi-Editor, some basic and intermediate UNIX commands that will help you get your job done quicker and simpler and simple scripting which will show you the power of automation.
8. JIRA Essentials - This module includes basic concepts of JIRA (issue, project and workflow), JIRA Workspace, JIRA Dashboard, and crucial elements of work with Issues, Searching and Reporting.
9. Resume and Interview Preparation Workshop - This workshop-module provides students with the best strategies and interview techniques crucial for finding a QA Analyst job. The workshop includes valuable job searching tips, reviewing the most frequently asked QA interview questions, practicing mock interviews, providing strategies for creating and building up a competitive resume for specialists of all levels – with or without IT experience. The module helps students to identify their unique skills and experience they can use to stand out from other candidates, the most important Do and Don’ts in the job searching process, how to make a great first impression and convey interviewers. Students will get familiar with the situation in the market and dealing with recruitment agencies.
This program is valuable for people even without extensive background in information technology field, and who are interested in learning methods of assuring quality performance for newly designed software. After this program students will be well prepared for real work as Quality Assurance Specialist acquiring broad variety of major QA and various auxiliary skills necessary to work in any industry.
180 Instructor-led In-class or Remote academic hours, plus labs
Computer user skills; IT related education or work experience is a plus, but not required
>>Request course details, dates, schedule, training location, current discounts